AKC Rally classes is a companion sport in AKC Obedience. It is teamwork between owner and dog as they move with an instructor thru a course at their own pace.
AKC Rally classes is a companion sport in AKC Obedience. It is teamwork between owner and dog as they move with an instructor thru a course at their own pace. The owner and dog have to have completed a Basic Obedience course. The sport was designed with the traditional dog owner in mind, but can be challenging for those who enjoy a higher level of competition. Communication from owner to their dog is encouraged and perfect heeling position is not required, but there should be a sense of teamwork and enthusiasm as they enjoy this bonding sport together. This 6 week class is being taught by experienced and knowledgeable instructors in AKC, UKC and WCRL Rally with many titles in each area. Join them to enjoy this fun sport together.
Rodeo Dog is a fun sport for an owner and their dog. It was designed like barrel racing for horses but with you and your dog. Any dog and handler can do this sport with no experience needed. You will form a close bond with your dog as you compete in a fun and safe environment. Everyone can enjoy this sport. There are no restrictions and accommodations will be made for handler or dog so that everyone can participate. This 6 week classes is taught by experienced instructors teaching both Straight Line and Clover Leaf, and beyond. Beginners have their the dog on a leash and titles can be earned for the various levels of the sport. Come join us and have a great time with your dog.
* Please contact Judy, 724-846-2788, for any information/questions about this Rally class.*
This class is a great option for those who may not wish to make the commitment to any full 6 week class, where attendance to all six weeks is part of the deal. Come to one session or a few, at the low cost of $20/session – just make sure to sign up first! Classes running Saturday mornings during the dates and times listed below:
- Saturdays: 1/25 – 2/29 (6 weeks of class)
- All sessions: 10:00 – 11:00AM
- Sign up is required prior to the class session – please call or email us to reserve your spot. Feel free to sign up for one or multiple sessions.
- Each week is treated as an individual class session – meaning you do not need to attend all 6 weeks. The specific topics covered will be determined on the day of the class, based on the needs of those in attendance.
- Attendance of a prior obedience class is required.
- Rabies, Distemper, and Bordetella vaccinations required as well as a negative fecal including Giardia testing
January 25 (Saturday) 10:00 am - February 29 (Saturday) 11:00 am