The key to a successful relationship with your dog is training! Training is not only about having a better-behaved pet in your house. It is also about creating a bond with your best friend and learning all about each other.
At Lucky Paws, we have a variety of trainers on our staff. Each one has a different educational background and brings a different perspective and style to the department. We offer a variety of options for your training needs.
Group Obedience & Specialty Classes
Group classes provide a great opportunity to expose your dog to new situations, new people, and other dogs. You will learn effective communication skills and solutions to frustrating behavior problems. Many classes will also cover educational topics such as first-aid, grooming, nutrition, and socialization. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the class!
- Yappy Hour – Varying topics including but not limited to: Pool Diving, Fetching, Recall, Solutions to Bad Behaviors, Walking Nicely on Lead, etc.
- Obedience – Basic Manners, Intermediate Manners & Obedience, Advanced Obedience, AKC Ring Ready
- Scent – Freshman, Sophomore, & Junior levels
- Puppy – Socialization Events & Training Classes
- Agility – Freshman, Sophomore, & Junior levels
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC), AKC Community Canine (CGCA), and AKC Urban CGC (CGCU) classes and testing
- Therapy Dog (TDI) classes and testing
- Trick Dog classes and testing
- Rally – with varying levels and run thrus, and facilitating videos for virtual AKC Rally testing for titles
- Rodeo Dog
Have a Question for the Training Department?
We offer one-on-one phone consultations with our Training Manager!
Phone consultations are useful to receive guidance or advice from one of our trainers.
Think of Dog Training phone consultations as relying on a professional to help clarify a challenge you might be experiencing or wondering about next steps.
Examples of topics that can benefit from a phone consultation:
- Housebreaking issues
- Crate training
- New puppy/dog concerns
Any aggression/fear/anxiety issues are probably best handled in person, but our Training Manager will gather as much information as possible beforehand so that the trainer can better assist you whether that be in person or by phone.
Phone consultations should not be used in place of classes.
Each phone consultation costs $30 and lasts up to 30 minutes. Please fill out our Training Request Form so our Training Manager can obtain some basic information about your dog. From there, our Training Manager will contact you shortly!
- Puppies in puppy class must have at a minimum: first round of Distemper, first round of Bordetella, as well as a negative fecal test including a Giardia screening.
- All dogs 6 months and older must have their complete series of Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, as well as a negative fecal test including a Giardia screening.
- Owners are asked provide proof of these records.
- Our trainers do not work on site full time. For urgent messages, please call the training department at 724-728-1484.
- We understand you and your dog are anxious to get started in your training endeavors – so are we! Please remember to be patient as our trainers do not work on site full time. When working, they are actively training dogs and helping owners. They will happily answer your questions and process your requests as soon as they are able. Thank you for understanding!
- Weekly obedience classes have set dates, and each class covers a specific topic. Some classes will offer optional make-up classes at no extra charge. If you feel that you will miss more than 2 sessions though, it is not advised to sign up for a class.