The key to a successful relationship with your dog is training! Training is not only about having a better-behaved pet in your house. It is also about creating a bond with your best friend and learning all about each other.
At Lucky Paws, we have a variety of trainers on our staff. Each one has a different educational background and brings a different perspective and style to the department. We offer a variety of options for your training needs.
Group Obedience & Specialty Classes
Group classes provide a great opportunity to expose your dog to new situations, new people, and other dogs. You will learn effective communication skills and solutions to frustrating behavior problems. Many classes will also cover educational topics such as first-aid, grooming, nutrition, and socialization. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the class!
- Yappy Hour – Varying topics including but not limited to: Pool Diving, Fetching, Recall, Solutions to Bad Behaviors, Walking Nicely on Lead, etc.
- Obedience – Basic Manners, Intermediate Manners & Obedience, Advanced Obedience, AKC Ring Ready
- Scent – Freshman, Sophomore, & Junior levels
- Puppy – Socialization Events & Training Classes
- Agility – Freshman, Sophomore, & Junior levels
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC), AKC Community Canine (CGCA), and AKC Urban CGC (CGCU) classes and testing
- Therapy Dog (TDI) classes and testing
- Trick Dog classes and testing
- Rally – with varying levels and run thrus, and facilitating videos for virtual AKC Rally testing for titles
- Rodeo Dog
Not Sure What Class is Right For Your Dog?
Please feel free to contact our training department directly: Email the Training Department
Stay and Train
During your dog’s stay, one of our trainers will spend one 1/2 hour (broken into 10-15 minute sessions) working with your dog on basic obedience. We recommend a minimum of 4 to 6 sessions.
Play and Train
Make training fun! One 1/2 hour of training (broken into 10-15 minute sessions) combined with a 1/2 day at daycare. Dogs must be approved for daycare. We recommend a minimum of 4 to 6 sessions.