TO HOLD A RESERVATION:
- Required vaccines must be administered at least 10 days before boarding.
- Our 10-day waiting period applies to all vaccinations given, even those that have not yet expired.
- All owners must provide proof to Lucky Paws of all vaccination records from a vet at least 10-days in advance to hold your reservation.
- Read our full Fecal Testing Policy here
Any pets that have received any vaccinations within 10 days of boarding will not be admitted to the hotel.
Overall Vaccination & Well-being Policies:
- We do not accept handwritten documents, but you may have your vet call us for verification.
- Vaccinations will not be accepted via Facebook messenger – if sending electronically, please email to email@example.com
- Your pet must be free of fleas and ticks.
- Your pet will be examined at check-in, and you will be charged for any vet visits or treatments required.
- The health and safety of your pet is YOUR responsibility.
- Lucky Paws has made every effort to ensure the cleanliness of our facility, including a 24-hour circulation system that cleans the air. However, you need to have thorough discussions with your vet about what is best for your pet’s individual needs.
- Your pet will be exposed to a large number of animals at Lucky Paws, and all the dogs in the hotel will be outside (in a rural setting) for portions of their days.
- Please understand that we do our best to work hand in hand with you to make sure all vaccinations & fecal are kept current however, it is ultimately your responsibility to keep them up to date.
DIETS & MEDICATIONS
- Please notify us of any food allergies at check-in.
- We encourage you to provide your own food for your dog for the duration of their stay. Due to the increase in food allergies and stomach sensitivities, Lucky Paws will no longer be offering Iams food as an option while boarding. If Lucky Paws needs to go to the store to purchase food for your pet, there will be a fee (shopping fee and purchase price of food).
- Food must be provided in an air-tight container and the amount should be appropriate to the duration of boarding.
- For the safety of our employees and other pets, we do not accept any raw meat.
- You are welcome to bring your own baggie or container of treats.
- We give complementary Milk Bones and Bil-Jac treats in the afternoon and at bedtime if you pet is allowed to have those.
- There is no charge for medications that can be given to your pet in a bowl, pill pocket, peanut butter, or cream cheese.
- Any medications that require physical handling of your pet (ear drops, eye drops, flea/tick preventative, etc.) will be done by a manager. There is a $5 charge per administration.
- We do not give injections.
- Please note, you will find your scheduled pickup time in your confirmation email, which is sent to you from our office when a reservation request has been processed.
- We prefer to board all pets separately. If you choose to board your pets together, you will be asked to sign a release form.
- Boarding multiple dogs from the same family, in the same room: If your dogs can not be fed together in the same room, they must board in separate rooms.
- If your pet needs veterinary care, you will be responsible for the charges.
- There is 3-night minimum through the summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day) and all 3 major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.)
- We operate like a hotel, and charges are per day regardless of check-in time. If you check out during our morning hours, you will not be charged for the last day. Check out is by 11 AM, and evening departures result in a full day’s charge.
Cancellations & Reservation Changes
- There is a $15 processing fee for all cancellations.
- Any cancellations or changes to a reservation during peak boarding times (holidays, summer, and busy weekends) must be given 10 days in advance.
- All other reservations require 72-hour notice.
- Without appropriate notice, charges will be based on the nights and times you reserved up to:
- 10 days (holidays, summer, and busy weekends)
- 3 days (all other reservations)
- You will be notified of your cancellation deadline at the time of your reservation in an email confirmation.
- Cancellations include showing up earlier than your scheduled departure or arriving later than your reserved check-in date.
- Deposits may be required for a variety of reasons, including peak season reservations and having a history of prior cancellations. A deposit is a down payment and taken at the time of your reservation. Your deposit will be forfeited if you cancel your reservation after the deadline given to you on your confirmation email.
- For summer and holiday reservations we require a minimum charge of 3 nights, even if your pet’s stay is shorter than 3 nights.