TO HOLD A RESERVATION:
- Required vaccines must be administered at least 10 days before boarding.
- Our 10-day waiting period applies to all vaccinations given, even those that have not yet expired.
- All owners must provide proof to Lucky Paws of all vaccination records from a vet at least 10-days in advance to hold your reservation.
- Read our full Fecal Testing Policy here
Any pets that have received any vaccinations within 10 days of boarding will not be admitted to the hotel.
Overall Vaccination & Well-being Policies:
- We do not accept handwritten documents, but you may have your vet call us for verification.
- Vaccinations will not be accepted via Facebook messenger – if sending electronically, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your pet must be free of fleas and ticks.
- Your pet will be examined at check-in, and you will be charged for any vet visits or treatments required.
- The health and safety of your pet is YOUR responsibility.
- Lucky Paws has made every effort to ensure the cleanliness of our facility, including a 24-hour circulation system that cleans the air. However, you need to have thorough discussions with your vet about what is best for your pet’s individual needs.
- Your pet will be exposed to a large number of animals at Lucky Paws, and all the dogs in the hotel will be outside (in a rural setting) for portions of their days.
- Please understand that we do our best to work hand in hand with you to make sure all vaccinations & fecal are kept current however, it is ultimately your responsibility to keep them up to date.
DIETS & MEDICATIONS
- Please notify us of any food allergies at check-in.
- You are welcome to bring your own food at no extra charge.
- Food must be provided in an air-tight container and the amount should be appropriate to the duration of boarding.
- For the safety of our employees and other pets, we do not accept any raw meat.
- We serve Iams products at Lucky Paws if you wish for us to serve that.
- You are welcome to bring your own baggie or container of treats.
- We give complementary Milk Bones and Bil-Jac treats in the afternoon and at bedtime if you pet is allowed to have those.
- There is no charge for medications that can be given to your pet in a bowl, pill pocket, peanut butter, or cream cheese.
- Any medications that require physical handling of your pet (ear drops, eye drops, flea/tick preventative, etc.) will be done by a manager. There is a $5 charge per administration.
- We do not give injections.
- Please note, you will find your scheduled pickup time in your confirmation email, which is sent to you from our office when a reservation request has been processed.
- We prefer to board all pets separately. If you choose to board your pets together, you will be asked to sign a release form.
- Boarding multiple dogs from the same family, in the same room: If your dogs can not be fed together in the same room, they must board in separate rooms.
- If your pet needs veterinary care, you will be responsible for the charges.
- There is 3-night minimum through the summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day) and all 3 major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.)
- We operate like a hotel, and charges are per day regardless of check-in time. If you check out during our morning hours, you will not be charged for the last day. Check out is by 11 AM, and evening departures result in a full day’s charge.
Cancellations & Reservation Changes
- There is a $15 processing fee for all cancellations.
- Any cancellations or changes to a reservation during peak boarding times (holidays, summer, and busy weekends) must be given 10 days in advance.
- All other reservations require 72-hour notice.
- Without appropriate notice, charges will be based on the nights and times you reserved up to:
- 10 days (holidays, summer, and busy weekends)
- 3 days (all other reservations)
- You will be notified of your cancellation deadline at the time of your reservation in an email confirmation.
- Cancellations include showing up earlier than your scheduled departure or arriving later than your reserved check-in date.
- Deposits may be required for a variety of reasons, including peak season reservations and having a history of prior cancellations. A deposit is a down payment and taken at the time of your reservation. Your deposit will be forfeited if you cancel your reservation after the deadline given to you on your confirmation email.
- For summer and holiday reservations we require a minimum charge of 3 nights, even if your pet’s stay is shorter than 3 nights.