Dog Park & Pool
Pittsburgh Area’s Only
Indoor & Outdoor Dog Park
Our Dog Park offers year-round enjoyment for you and your dog in a safer and healthier environment than public dog parks. We treat all pets like members of our family, providing them with only the best in fun, safety, and comfort!
FALL & WINTER SEASON HOURS
Monday – Friday
|Outdoor Park only
||3PM – 7PM
Saturday & Sunday
||Noon – 5PM
||Noon – 5PM
Private Scheduled Visitations – NO Open/Public Hours
SPECIAL EVENTS / CLOSURES
DOG PARK AND POOL POLICIES
- During the Spring & Summer Season, Open/Public hour visitations are available.
- During the Fall & Winter Season, THERE ARE NO Open/Public hour visitations.
PRIVATE SCHEDULED VISITATION:
- During the Fall & Winter Season, ALL guests must schedule a private visitation to visit the Dog Park. THERE ARE NO Open/Public hour visitations during our Fall & Winter Season.
Going forward, we will no longer be offering Open/Public Park Hours at Lucky Paws when the pool is closed unless it is a special occasion. A very nice indoor Dog Park opened up just a few minutes away from Lucky Paws. We encourage the most social dogs to go there and hopefully come back to see us next summer when the pool reopens. One thing we learned over the past 2 summers is that our private pool times were very popular and the owners were so very grateful to have off leash time with their companions in a safe environment with no other dogs present. Private times are for dogs and their humans that do not always like meeting new dogs. Sometimes the dog wanting a private time just wants to spend time with his/her owner or cannot safely be around other dogs. This is what we want to do with our indoor and outdoor dog park – give space and time to dogs and their humans that cannot/will not go to public dog parks.
- During the Spring & Summer Season, Private scheduled visits are AN OPTION, offered in addition to Open/Public hours. A Private Park & Pool visit might be for you if:
If you think your dog is selective on who he/she likes. The Dog Park is for social, outgoing dogs – dogs that like people and other dogs. Scheduling a private visit will provide your dog with the space he or she needs to enjoy the visit.
- If you have a not neutered male dog that is 12 months of age or older.
All male dogs 12 months of age and up must be neutered to visit the Dog Park & Pool for a public visitation. If not neutered, you must schedule a Private Park Visit. Due to the ongoing staffing shortages and challenges imposed upon veterinary care facilities since the covid pandemic began, as well as limited availability of emergency veterinary services on evenings and weekends, we are taking extra precautions to avoid creating an environment for any potentially harmful situations before they happen. Safety of our guests, canine and human alike, is our top priority.
- You wish to have a semi private, small group of people and dogs who know each other, who come from separate households, who want to be together in the park without the public being able to drop in.
We do ask that ALL PRIVATE VISITS MUST BE SCHEDULED ONLINE IN ADVANCE.
- During the Fall & Winter Season, reservations are REQUIRED.
- During the Spring & Summer Season, reservations are RECOMMENDED. We accept walk-ups / walk-ins at a limited capacity if there is space that day – guests with reservations take priority.
- Reservations are processed on a first come, first serve basis for all customers that are in good standing with Lucky Paws.
- All dogs must be current on Rabies (copy of the certificate issued by veterinarian required), Distemper (DHPP), and Bordetella.
- All dogs must also be free of fleas, ticks, worms, and other parasites including Giardia (copy of certificate or lab report from vet required). We do accept titers with a letter from the vet allowing the dog to participate in group play.
SUBMITTING VACCINE RECORDS:
- We prefer you submit vaccines and proof of negative fecals in advance electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 724.728.2295.
- Please mark on the medical record that you are sending them in for a Dog Park visitation.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of this information.
- Please DO NOT ASSUME your vet sent these records for you. As the owner of the dog, you are responsible for making sure your pet’s vaccines and fecals are on file with us.
- Please let us know if you need to cancel as soon as possible. If you have concerns about inclement weather, please call us at 724.728.1484 and leave a message or email us at email@example.com.
- No-shows will not keep you and your dog in good standing with Lucky Paws – if something comes up and you need to cancel, please let us know not to expect you.
- If you are going to be late – please let us know. We will be letting people in the Dog Park at their appointed time. If you are late you may have to wait.
DOG PARK & POOL WELL-BEING & SAFETY:
Due to the ongoing staffing shortages and challenges imposed upon veterinary care facilities since the covid pandemic began, as well as limited availability of emergency veterinary services on evenings and weekends, we are taking extra precautions to avoid creating an environment for any potentially harmful situations before they happen. Safety of our guests, canine and human alike, is our top priority.
- All male dogs 12 months of age and up must be neutered to visit the Dog Park & Pool for a public visitation. If not neutered, you must schedule a Private Park Visit.
- This is an unsupervised, semi-public dog park. Lucky Paws is not responsible for any injuries to humans or dogs. If your dog injures another dog or human, you are responsible for any and all financial incursions that may arise from that situation – including veterinary and medical expenses. Lucky Paws is not held responsible for such injuries.
- This is a dog park created just for dogs! There are inherent risks involved when dogs play. For this reason, any child between the age of 6 years and 12 years old must be accompanied and supervised by a second adult. Children under 6 years of age are not permitted in the Dog Park. This includes babies in strollers and carriers. Those with young children must schedule a Private Park Visit.
- At all times, your dog must be under your immediate control. Any “bullies” will be asked to leave the park.
- The pool is for dogs, not humans! No running, swimming, or diving is allowed.
- The park will be closed during thunderstorms or severe weather.
- It is expected that all owners will clean up after their dogs and themselves.
- Pet owners are required to wear shoes at all times.
- Pet owners are expected to have one adult human per dog. Waivers to this rule are available for those with multiple dogs that can show good recall and behavior.
- No smoking is allowed inside the park. This includes all tobacco/nicotine products including vaping devices.
- No glass containers or other potentially harmful items will be permitted.
- Please bring clearly marked toys for your dog and remember to bring them home with you.
- Please practice social distance with dogs that don’t belong to you – please not pet other people’s dogs.
- Lucky Paws follows all State and local recommendations regarding Covid-19. Please check with the office for the latest requirements.
*Passes are not valid for the Indoor Park after the pool season ends. Passes are not valid for charitable fundraising events. Passes are non-transferable.
SINGLE DAY ENTRY PASS
$13 PER DOG
2022 OUTDOOR PARK AND SWIMMING PASS FOR 1 SINGLE DOG*
2022 OUTDOOR PARK AND SWIMMING PASS FOR A PAIR OF DOGS FROM THE SAME HOUSEHOLD*